We provide caregiver education and resources to help caregivers who are attending to patients in the home. Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County services include:
nurseavailable by phone 24/7 to answer questions.
- Our extended-hours
staffavailable to assist when needed.
- Our trained volunteers to support caregivers with errands, household chores and more. Volunteers are friendly visitors who listen and provide emotional support. They can also sit with a patient to give caregivers a short break from their duties.
- Our Personal Care Specialists to help with patient care, including feeding, bathing, and personal grooming.
- Our social workers who provide emotional support for caregivers and identify community resources that can help meet family needs.
- Our chaplains who support family members and patients, respecting individual faith traditions and keeping the family connected with their faith community.
- Our grief support services, provided during patient care and in the months following the loss of a loved one.
Our hospice team is attentive to the toll of caregiving and helps to make sure caregivers practice self-care. We can help develop strategies to assure caregivers:
- Maintain a sense of well-being
- Are getting the rest they need
- Are addressing their own health concerns
- Are getting a break when they need one
Most importantly, Ohio’s Hospice of Fayette County can deliver superior care and superior services to enable caregivers to have the time and strength they need to spend precious time with seriously ill loved ones.